Which Projects Need a Land Use Permit?

A Land Use Permit (LUP) must be obtained from the Land Development Services prior to the start of any land development. This includes:

  • Commercial
  • Commercial timber operations
  • Grading
  • Industrial
  • Institutional
  • Mining or quarrying
  • Public, private, or commercial recreation
  • Residential
  • Salvage or junk yards
  • Utilities
  • Waste disposal

All new construction greater than 100 square feet requires a permit. Generally, all new structures greater than 600 square feet are subject to the Building Permit Process, i.e. plan review, inspections and the issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy.